Thursday 27 October 2016

Active Living, Interests & Pursuits - Meditation #1

After a lot of discussion during our M.Ed class sessions and reading regarding mindfulness and vitality, I decided to try meditating.

I have never done meditation of any sort, and therefore did some looking around and found an app on the iphone which I thought would be a good place to start.


I surprised myself at how bad I did.

I lay down in the lounge, chose a meditation and turned it on. The soft voice started talking to the sound of lapping waves in the background and my mind immediately went to wondering where this beach was.

I listened intently, or so I thought, but within 2 minutes I was wondering if my students would be able to do this, then realized I was not doing it properly.

Then, as I felt I was returning to a concentrated state the cat went running by.

It is safe to say I need to practice this skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment